Sunday 2 September 2007

I should hang my head in shame!

I was invited to a champagne cocktail party which started early. My friend Geoffrey that I was going with wasn’t finishing work until around 10:30 so we were going to be fashionably late. I was hoping everyone was going to be trashed before we got there, as bubbles can go straight to my head.

I managed to get up and out of the house by 9:30 again, this time, I headed for Smith Street to find some coffee and a bite to eat. I had a takeaway long black from Bebida, I had partaken of their coffee’s before so I knew I was safe. Finding something quick and easy to eat was going to be harder.

I popped into Safeway to grab a can of Raspberries to be added to sparkling to make it drinkable. There was nothing in there that tickled my fancy, so I kept going.

Now this is the part where I risk my credibility, I did something shameful, I ended up at McDonalds. Now if you are still here, let me explain myself. If I can… I ordered the Deli Delights (I’m sure a shite load of marketing research went into that name) bacon and eggs in a brown roll. I made sure I ordered brown as I knew I would have to explain it here and I was trying to lessen the shame. I must say that, I don’t think it was that unhealthy, well compared with what else was on the menu. Possibly if could have been better than the breakfast from yesterday, mainly due to the brown roll.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating the consumption of McD’s, but sometimes you need something convenient and I still have childhood memories of getting McDonalds on a Friday night as a treat. Aren’t we all trying to relive our childhoods?

No comments:

Post a Comment