Tuesday 18 September 2007

Gypsies....

Today the lunch mission was to get Brett de Niese a bag for his new laptop. We went down to Crumpler on the corner of Smith and Gertrude. Having a Crumpler back pack for my laptop, I was a proponent of the idea.

We went to Crumpler and tried on every colour bag which fitted Brett's laptop then went off for lunch and time for Brett to think about what he was going to do. Crumpler bags are such good quality and are built to last, so there really aren't that many alternatives.

Steve was accompanying us on the mission... we decided to eat somewhere close by so if Brett had decided after the meal that he wanted the bag, then we wouldn't have far to walk.

We ate at Gypsies, I hadn't eaten there before, but they had seating outside to suit 3, served beer and the sun was shining on their outside seating so the deal was sealed.

I was wanting something lite and tasty so I went for the tuna and corn fish cakes with salad. Very tasty, and I did like how there was an extra serve of mayo in a side bowl. I was happy to share the mayo with Bett, but was shocked when he dipped his chips into the mayo on my fish cake as he hadn't seen the side bowl...

1 comment:

  1. That was some great mayo Mark Moynihan.

    The bag is still going strong. Thanks for the hot tip!
    :)

    ReplyDelete