Thursday 30 August 2007

The Horn - Ethiopian

Now before you say anything, I'm gonna have to say that all those Ethiopian cook book jokes that you know may as well be thrown out!

Nugget's out of town, so It's my job to take up the husbandly duties and make sure that Kat is sufficently entertained.

Kat knew these ppl who knew these ppl who had started up this Ethiopian restaurant round the corner from both our houses, so we thought it would be a great idea to go and check it out.

We organised to meet at Cavallero, because one knows that you need to lubricate the food passages before a meal and one also knows that Kat and I are a big fan of a bevvy or two... Cavallero deserves a post of it's own and I don't want to distract you so for now I'll skip over it and move onto the meal.

We made our way to The Horn and were graciously greeted by Peter and taken out back to the relaxing Jazz soaked restaurant. We decided to sit in the covered outside area as we both like to smoke while drinking... Such a bad habit, I must quit...

Blessed be the warm winters in Melbourne, out door eating is always appropriate and it makes tipping down Ethiopian beer all the more appropriate.

Kat ordered a Meat and Vege combo. The dishes came out in this four pronged candelabra type dish. We both got plates with injera, a rolled up spongey bread sort of like a fat pancake. You ate it by getting a bit of the vege or meat, putting it on the injera and then ripping it off and eating it, all using your hand.

It was soooo tasty, the atmosphere was great and the company was also great. A band started to play but we had our fill and were off...

Being the lovers of fine alcohol that were are, we couldn't help but go back to Cavallero. I was checking out the cocktail menu when the dishy bartender came up and gave me the cocktail menu that is about to be released in the next week or so... I was going to order a Mule, a drink that Sharkey had introduced me to a week earlier, but I spied a modified Mule... It was a mix between a Mule and a Mojito, my two favourite drinks! Ahhh, another summer drink... I can't wait for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment