Monday 27 August 2007

Dinner at Mark and Stephens.

Hmm is it Mark and Stephen or is it Stephen and Mark?

Well Mark is called Mark and Stephen shares the 14th of January for our birthday, decisions, decisions... Sorry Stephen, but I can't go past the name Mark. Hopefully he won't be too upset.

I used to live with Mark Torpy and Stephen Bennetts, I also lived with Trevor Bunny at the same time, but Mark and Stephen are together and Trevor is in New Zealand so it was a bit hard for him to be there.

Torpy messaged me in the arvo and invited me over for dinner, I jumped at the opportunity as they always put on a great spread! Although I was got the same meal two visits in a row, it was slow cooked lamb shanks which were fantastic so I didn't mind, Stephen took it a lot worse than I did. Bless his cotton socks.

Today's top temperature was 26 degrees celcius which is quite warm for winter, so I walked over to their place after work and picked up a bottle of Momo Sauvignon Blanc on the way. I've just looked it up and Momo mean 'the sibling' in Maori. One of my favourite wines, not to mention I like saying Momo for the Homo's.

Stephen broke out the BBQ and cooked some chicken thighs (my favourite part of the chicken, so moist and flavoursome), marinated in two different styles.

On the side was a lovely green salad (pity about the cucumber, but it was chunky enough to remove) and a very yummy mango and tomato salad!

We weren't allowed stick date pudding, so we had ice cream with Baileys, Milo, Honey and I slipped some almonds into Mark's as a surprise he he he...

I'll deffinitely be eating back here again, I guess I need to cook them something soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment