Wednesday 22 April 2009

spudbar

So rumours have been going around the office lately about this new place to eat on Brunswick Street. People have been sneaking off and then coming back, raving about this great new place to have lunch.

Feeling slightly jipped that I hadn't been, when I heard that there was a group going down to the spudbar today for lunch, I didn't miss the opportunity to jump on board and tag along.

Now this is a strange occurrence, not that I joined in, but more that I wanted to go and eat potato. Potato isn't really one of my favourite foods and I am often heard dissing the humble Tayta... My favourite way to consume potato is in the form of McDonalds French Fries... Now I know that sounds really bad, I just can't help it, especially if they are fresh out of the frier!

So off we trundled, and by the time we arrived there were around ten of us hungering for a potato. Anthony, a seasoned spudbar customer started off with a custom concoction... I opted for a Dahl-i Lama, this had Dahl in it if you hadn't guessed.

Anyways, these potatoes are baked in an oven (very healthy) and then are topped with a generous helping of toppings, you can have 10 toppings and a drink for $10.

How I am likening it, is a pizza with toppings. Just instead of processed flour you have a potato.

I am going to label this as the perfect way to consume a potato! I will definitely be eating there again and recommending it to all my friends.

7 comments:

  1. I like your blog.I'm waiting for your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fitzroy Spudbar is the Best! The Store looks amazing, the service came with a Big Smile! and most of all the spuds were delicious! - Go for a "Make your Own" and let the tasty journey begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fitzroy Spudbar is the Best! The Store looks amazing, the service came with a Big Smile! and most of all the spuds were delicious! - Go for a "Make your Own" and let the tasty journey begin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new spud bar on Brunswick Street. The spuds are always delicious and fill me up to the brim... just what i need in the middle of the day. In fact looking forward to my spud at Spud bar is what gets me through the mornings, especially Mondays. The fit out is classy, the tunes are fabulous and spuds are such good value for money! See you there guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a regular at Spudbar on Brunswick Street and every time I go there I love it! I have my ‘usual’ which the owner of the store knows by heart, but I love all of the combinations. The atmosphere is welcoming, the staff are friendly, the food is fantastic (yummy and healthy!) and the prices are great. What more can I say… it’s awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, there's also a Spudbar in Equitable Place in the city. It runs between Little Collins and Collins Street, just west of Elizabeth Street. I love Spudbar for lunch, especially the Italian Stallion which has the best bolognaise sauce on it. in fact, I'm going to go and get one right now! Yummm

    ReplyDelete