Thursday 23 April 2009

Orange

You may have read in one of my prior posts about Melbourne's north and south of the river culture. Well, I've done the unthinkable and have crossed the great divide.

At first it was a bit of a culture shock and now that I'm getting used to it, I'm really getting back into things. I'm living round the corner from the place I lived in when I first moved to Melbourne. Sort of getting back to my roots.

Tonight I went to a place called Orange up the Windsor end of Chapel Street. When I first moved over I used to go to Orange for Breakfast on the Weekends with my friend Suse.

I've been regularly getting coffee's and the odd Bloody Mary lately, but tonight my friend Laura and I decided to try them out for dinner.

We shared a plate of mallgoods, it was meant to be smallgoods but there was a printing error and it was luncheon sausage which I don't really classify as food, so I'm gonna keep calling it mallgoods.

For mains I had Seared Tuna with Angel Hair Pasta and Laura had Asparagus and Leek risotto. My Tuna was fantastic, tasty and light. Laura's risotto was okay, but she wasn't impressed with the leek.

I finished off the meal with and Espresso Martini.

We sat outside in their cosy street site tables and enjoyed the odd bit of conversation and interaction with the people sitting around us.

All in all, I liked eating there, but that could've just been the company!

No comments:

Post a Comment