Friday 15 May 2009

Alimentari - Brunswick Street Breakfast.

I am known for my fads. There was the vegetarianism which morphed into flexitarianism; there was the vitamin and mineral binges; the detoxes; high protein and low carb; lite n easy; and the list goes on...

Not only the types of food but where I eat also becomes a fad.

About a month ago, I started riding to and from work, it works out to be about 7 to 8km each way and I burn between 250 - 300 kcals. Doing so has given me an insatiable appetite and by the time I get to work I could eat a horse!

So, I get to work, shower and then it's time for breakfast. My current fad is to head down to Alimentari (the deli) for breakfast. One of the main reasons is that they have a couple of tasty options, already made up on display and ready to be cooked.

My current dining choices are a mini, a bess and a large strong latte.

Mini: This is a small (mini) sourdough roll filled with scrambled eggs and a piece of pruschetto. I have this straight away and it stave's off the hunger pains.

Bess: These are a roll with an egg, bacon, cheese and tomato. Heated up in the grill and dripping with goodness.

Strong Latte: Needs no explanation!

This has been hitting the spot several times a week now and I feel like I'm addicted. Although, if I wasn't riding to and from work, I would hate to see what it would do to me :)

Oh, and another good thing about becoming a regular is that when you walk in you get greeted with that recognition, smile and no need to have to explain what you are after.

Thanks guys, love having breakfast with you.

2 comments:

  1. How delicious!! Any chance you think we could organise home delivery at about 10am on a Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For lunch here, always order the Chicken Pita Wrap - awesome and a Brunswick St legend. Expensive though, be warned.

    ReplyDelete