Thursday 8 November 2007

The Stir Fry - a forgotten favourite

After going to the Gym which was a killer in the heat, especially when I haven't really been exercising for ages, I was given the option of take away or doing the cooking... It had been ages since I had cooked a stir fry, actually since I lived in Sunshine and that was 7 months ago.

I dragged out the beautiful wok Jess had given me for my 30th, which was perfectly preserved due to my anal cleaning and seasoning habits.

I cooked up some chicked thigh fillets, most flavoursome part, in freshly ground ginger, oinion and bean sauce. Once just cooked I put it to the side and cooked up the vegies: fresh baby corn, red capsicum, mushrooms, bok choi, mung beans and oyster sauce (I just remembered that I forgot to use the brocolli, opps). Once they were cooked I added the chicken back in to mix it all up and make sure it was hot.

Hmmm, such an easy healthy meal, I can't belive I haven't made one of them for ages. I see more of that on the menu in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment