Saturday 10 November 2007

ohhhhh, that sweet thang...

So, after a particularly grueling Body Pump class, Abby and decided to have a bagel from the shop under the gym...

I got a Rye bagel, filled with smoked salmon, cream cheese, the obligatory capers and asparagus; A resonably healthy choice. I washed this down with a fresh orange, apple, carrot and pineapple juice.

Abby opted for a bagel with cream cheese and jam.

I had spent the past two days avoiding sweet and sugary foods, as I'm trying to break my sugar addiction/habit. I had a bit of bagel left which didn't have any of my filling on it, so I grabbed a bit of Abby's jam slapped it on and ate it... ohhhhh, that sweet thang... Once it hit my taste buds I was filled with this taste sensation... Now when I've done some exercise, I usually tend to get a bit hyperactive... Combine that with this taste sensation, I turned manic... I had to have more... Now this ain't going to be pretty so if you have a weak stomach, navigate away to a different blog, but I started to scoff it, once I'd finished my bagel there was nothing left to do but chow down on straight cream cheese and jam... Abby was less than impressed!

Well, to me it was interesting how something so sweet and sugary made me feel. I'm starting a cleanse in two weeks where sugar is totally ruled out, I'll see how I go after that.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark, I can totally relate to how it felt when you ate that sugary jam....it's a drug in the body and does crazy things to us. Sugar addiction is much more common than a lot of people think, I hope you're doing well with your cleanse. I can tell you from experience that after the first 3 days of being completely sugar free (except eating fruits low in natural sugar) that it gets a lot easier.

    JoLynn from The Fit Shack
    http://www.thefitshack.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never forget the day in Cairns when I asked for a bagel with cream cheese and jam and the wee girl started shaking up the cream cannister and slicing the cheddar.. noooo stoooop!

    ReplyDelete