Thursday 30 July 2009

Organic Produce - The Cafe!

I found myself in Sydney this week for work.

It was my second day up here and my first morning, so I thought I'd find something to eat on Crown Street in Surry Hills near the office.

I'd had a few coffees on Crown Street before having made it to the Sydney office about once a year, so I knew I should be able to find something.

I happened to come across this cute little cafe called Organic Produce. Sounded more like a green grocers, but it was definitely somewhere I could get a coffee...

I went in, there were a number of take away options in the fridge and after a slightly awkward conversation with the girl making the coffees I got a menu and sat down for breaky.

The coffee was fantastic, rivalling that of Atomica - Brunswick Street Melbourne! I ordered the single egg omelette. It was perfect. The right size, the right zuccini chutney and the perfect piece of sour dough.

I got up from breakfast, felt like I had eaten but not bloated. None of that crazy oversized novelty serving sizes, just the right amount of quality organic food.

The meal opened me to the fact that eating out in Sydney might actually give Melbourne a run for it's money!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I visited your site and found it very interesting. I appreciate the way you talk about food and do the reviews on restaurants. With this, I'd like to give a $10 discount voucher to your site which your visitors could use in their take-away orders placed on Menulog (from 500+ restaurants Australia-wide). All they have to do is just type the voucher code (which I will provide you upon response to this message) at the check out.

    Thanks,
    Ruby Anne (ruby@menulog.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating out is an expensive deal, so you really want to be sure of a good experience. I am also looking for a good list of such places.

    Food Delivery Service Melbourne

    ReplyDelete