Friday 31 July 2009

Mint - Crown Street, Surrey Hills...

Once or twice a year, I'm lucky to be able to come up and work out of our Sydney office. Once of the biggest bonus's is that I get to catch up with my great school friends James and Katrina Diessl.

It's a complicated story but I used to go to Plimmerton School with Katrina's brother Chris and her best friend Rachael's brother Matt. Then I went to Wellington College with James... Long story short, Rachael and Matt's mother Helen did a bit of match making and hooked James and Katrina up, many years ago when I was back in Wellington... Any how, enough of that, cos this is a food blog, not a dating site! Check out my other blog for details on their wedding!

Soooooooo, Our office is in Surrey hills and that is apparently one of the great places in Sydney to go out for a drink and something to eat. James and Katrina caught up with me after I had finished work for a drink at the Clock. We then proceeded to walk down Crown Street away from the City... Checking out all the places they like to eat...

Being a Thursday night, most of them were full and not able to seat us for at least 45 minutes.

We got near to the end of Crown and were lucky to get a seat at Mint. A middle eastern restaurant, quaint with great atmosphere and charming staff.

For an entree we ordered Stuffed mini peppers and chicken livers. Wow, I'm a big fan of chicken liver pate so I was looking forward to the livers, I didn't realise how great they could be! I scoffed down as many as I could. Bugger the peppers.

I had the chermoula prawns and asparagus in spicy tomato and olive moughrabia. I love that big cous cous and there were so many prawns I had trouble finishing them off!

I couldn't believe that had two fantastic food experiences in Sydney in one day, let alone one visit.

This whole Sydney thing definitely appears to need more investigation!

No comments:

Post a Comment